Our largest obstacle in the teen area is keeping it truly a teen section. Many people see it as an opportunity to sell their adult-style clothing. This lessens the appeal to the teens and actually makes the real teen items not sell as well. REMEMBER: ONLY Clothing that is IN CURRENT TEEN STYLES/Brands will be accepted. Please do not bring clothing that is “adultish” in nature or a primarily women’s or men’s brand or style. Due to the large amount of more adult items being brought, we need to make sure that all consignors understand that we don’t want you to spend the time to wash, press, hang, and tag those adult items for us to have to reject them at receiving. Please help us keep the teen section TEEN – thank you in advance 🙂
TEEN – We want our teens to love shopping in our teen section 🙂 We want our families with teens to be able to sell the items that they consign 🙂
- ONLY teen items – particularly the brands that we know teens love, will be accepted.
- We suggest not taking time to prepare any items that are not teen. We will have a box for donations near the receiving table for clothing items that are brands or styles that typically teens do not prefer.
- 5 things that need to be in the center of every teen tag:
2- either B or G (for gender)
3- number size (unless it is only sized by S, M, L)
4- XS, S, M , L XL (based on the chart below)
5- BRAND Name of clothing
- We will be selective on $1 teen clothing items – only bring reasonably worn items, but not WORN OUT
- Please thoroughly read the consignor information under the information tab that applies to all clothing and items. This is just additional information to supplement that for those consignors selling teen items.This will benefit the shopper and boost your sales!
Other Teen sizing notes:
- Feel free to write other notes on your teen tags that might help describe the size (ex. “Boot cut” , “Skinny” , “Slim Fit” , “Fits more like a ___ size” , “Oversized”, etc.)
- Note: For many teen items (especially boys clothes) there is only a S, M, L, XL size – that is fine to only have those IF there is no number size on the item.
- We also now accept teen jewelry
Bras for girls and teens
We accept bras that meet the following:
- must have been worn and appropriate for a young girl or teen – bras that look too adultish will not be accepted – NO bras worn by an adult
- must be washed, gently used and with no rips or tears – we will not accept $1 bras – bring only those worth $2 or more
- bras must be individually packaged – only 1 bra per bag- and neatly folded in an appropriate size ziploc bag (quart size is best for most bras)
- clearly note bra size on the price tag in center
Teen Modesty Guidelines
It is our desire for all teens to dress in an appropriate yet fashionable manner. We ask you to keep that in mind when bringing items to sell. As one of our teen volunteers so aptly put it “modest is the hottest!”
- In particular, teen shorts must have a minimum 2″ inseam (material on inside leg from center) to be placed in our sale .
When bringing in your items, please separate teen clothing from children’s sizes and divide boy and girl so we can market it properly.
NEWSFLASH: Our girls jeans have really been selling well since we have moved them to a separate area of the teen section. Please bring your nice jeans (fall sale) to increase your teen sales.